5 Right Ways to Send Your Resume
5 Ways to Effectively Distribute Your Resume
By Erin Kennedy, Certified Professional Resume Writer
Resume distribution is paramount to landing the job you want. If you don’t get your resume out there, then you won’t get hired. It’s that simple.
Here are 5 ways to distribute your resume without having to beat the pavement and hand-carry it to every single potential employer:
1. Networking – Whether networking online or off, one thing rings true: Everyone you know knows someone you don’t. Ask everyone within your circle of friends to carry your resume with them and pass it around when they bump into a potential employer. In fact, you should carry your resume with you too. You never know who you’re going to meet.
2. Job Fair – If you don’t go to job fairs, you should. Job fairs are a one-stop-shopping experience for candidates searching for the perfect job. Always bring plenty of copies of your resume with you to a job fair, as well as your professional references, in the event you are lucky enough to score an on-site interview with a potential employer.
3. Post it online – There are a ton of resume posting websites online. Find a few that target your specific industry as we as some of the more popular sites.
4. Recruiters – Job recruiters specialize in one thing: Matching candidates with employers. Send your resume to a handful of recruiters and see what happens.
5. Targeted database blasting – Another way to distribute your resume is to a targeted list of employers who are actively seeking new recruits. Many professional resume writers have such a list available.
Resume distribution is essential to landing the job you want. Get your resume out there and get it out there fast. The more widely you circulate your skills and experience, the more likely you are to land the job of your dreams.
About the Author
Erin Kennedy, CPRW, CERW, BS/HR, is a Certified Professional & Executive Resume Writer/Career Consultant, and the President of Professional Resume Services, Inc., home to some of the best resume writers on the planet. She is a nationally published writer and contributor of 10+ best-selling career books. She has achieved international recognition following yearly nominations and wins of the prestigious T.O.R.I. (Toast of the Resume Industry) Award. Erin has written thousands of resumes for executives and professionals. http://exclusive-executive-resumes.com.