Bartender Jobs in Chicago
Chicago is full of culture, experience, and does not lack a new place to visit each day. As a thriving city, the restaurant and bar scene in Chicago offers patrons a new and lively experience to old classics with ambiance, menu items, and superb staff. Hcareers is the place to go for candidates and employers to find the best bartender jobs in Chicago and lounge bartender jobs the city of Chicago has to offer.
According to data found on the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bartender jobs earn a very respectable wage in Chicago, and it is one of the highest employed states for this position. Part-time bartender jobs in Chicago pay on average $11.67 an hour while full-time restaurant bartenders can make annually $24,280 per year or more. As the third highest metro area to employee bartenders, annually salaries are over 35% higher than the average!
Full-time hotel bartender jobs are high in demand in the Chicago area. Top employers for this job are a wide variety and includes large well-known hotel chains, casual dining restaurants, hotels that cater to the business traveler, landmark hotels the city is known for and hotels that offer their guests all the basic necessities needed with the convenience of being close to the airport for travel.
Core job responsibilities for lounge bartender jobs in Chicago that employers require are:
- Greet customers, give them menus and inform them about daily specials
- Take drink orders from customers
- Pour and serve wine, beer and other drinks and beverages
- Mix drinks according to recipes
- Make sure that all patrons have proper identification
- Make sure that bars, tables and work areas
- Manage the operation of the bar including ordering liquor and bar supplies
- Monitor level of intoxication of customers in case actions need to be taken
- Maintain knowledge of establishment, property and services offered
- Food and Service Sanitation license acquired
Some bartender positions can be considered entry level. However, most employers request that both part-time and full-time bartender positions are filled with someone who has at least one year of experience and are familiar with all liquor laws for the city of Chicago, interstate guidelines, policies and procedures. Those who are successful as lounge bartenders may find careers as Food & Beverage Managers in Chicago, or as a breakfast bar attendant and those who excel as bartenders may also later find a lucrative career as a Bar Manager in Chicago!
Hcareers is a platform to help candidates explore all open positions in their career paths to be taken, and to get connected with the top employers in their industry. Explore all the options available and find your new career today!