Bartender Jobs in San Francisco
San Francisco is a great place to be a bartender. Patrons are out for fun times at happy hour, enjoying their vacation, meeting up with friends or sharing a special occasion. It’s a chance to ply your trade to a wide variety of visitors from all over the world. Find a great job as a bartender in a restaurant, hotel, or lounge in the Bay Area on the Hcareers website, and search our database of bartender jobs in San Francisco.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, bartenders in SF can expect to make $12.68/hour plus tips depending on where they’re working: Lounge Bartenders, Restaurant Bartenders, or Match Bartenders. If you’re working a special event or in a high-end restaurant, you may make even more.
Bartenders work in all kinds of venues including national hotel chains, private clubs, boutique hotels, sports venues, all types of restaurants, amusement parks and resorts. There are plenty of catering gigs and private parties where you may work weddings or holiday parties.
Employers are looking for bartenders who can build a loyal client base and/or promote events by:
- Having expert knowledge of the drinks menu
- Providing a bit of entertainment with “flair moves” during drink prep
- Being well-versed and compliant in food safety regulations
- Showing a sense of personal style that’s unique
- Being able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Interacting with customers and accurately serving snacks and drinks
- Routinely checking customer IDs and confirming legal drinking age
- Devising innovative drink combinations and wowing customers
Your career path as a bartender can lead you in new directions, depending on what you like most about your job. You may consider learning a lot more about wine and training to be a sommelier. Nightclubs are exciting and you can always consider cruise ships or working abroad.
San Francisco is a terrific location for all types of bartenders. Take a look at the openings on the Hcareers website and get started today.