Recruiting apps are the future for job seekers and recruiters
Whether you’re out for a walk, sipping on coffee at a café, or waiting in line for the kiosk, you will almost always see someone using a handheld device such as a smartphone or tablet. As these devices become a part of our daily interactions, we will continue to see an upwards trend in the development of mobile apps. This is especially true for the employment industry. The job application process has evolved from applying in person to applying online.
70 percent of people own smartphones, and that number is growing. Those who own smartphones spend 90 percent of their time in apps, while spending the remaining 10 percent in browsers. Mobile optimized websites aren’t enough to get the attention of users today, who are not only spending the majority of their time on their smartphones to begin with, but are allocating their time to apps.
Our relationship with technology has changed significantly over the years. We like to have access to our smartphones as a quick and convenient substitute for a computer when one isn’t as readily available. Have a look at the statistics on mobile usage to get an idea of how much we use our phones.
Mobile Usage Statistics:
- A growing number of 70% own smartphones
- 97% aged 18-24 check their phones 74x a day
- 50% check their phones one last time before bed
- 90% of their time on mobile is spent in apps
- Only 10% of their time on mobile is spent in browsers
As the mobile app market expands from smartphones and tablets to wearable devices, mobile recruitment apps are rising in popularity for both job seekers and recruiters.
How do mobile recruitment apps benefit Recruiters?
- Save Time - Searching for candidates and viewing job applications in app allows recruiters to keep up with the tasks on their phone at all times, freeing up more time to get to other tasks.
- Convenient - Smartphones make a great, accessible vehicle to check for job applications and to fast track the hiring process. As hiring managers sort through applicants, they can make notes of potential hires to follow up with.
- Productive - Making the most out of down time, hiring managers can track applies, and review job applications and candidates.
How do mobile recruitment apps benefit Job Seekers?
- Save Time - Job Seekers free up their time by searching and applying for jobs within minutes. Saving job searches and jobs they’re interested in …. to take a look at later.
- Convenient - Job Seekers can apply for a job from wherever they are rather than waiting until they have access to a computer.
- Fast - Millennials, who will make up 75 percent of the workforce by 2025, will be drawn to the instant accessibility that smartphones offer.
Download the Hcareers Job Search App for iOS and Android