Beach Club Security officer
The Westchester Country Club
Location: US - NY - Rye
Rye, NY, US 10580
WESTCHESTER COUNTRY CLUB
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York (Beach Club)
JOB TITLE: Beach Club Security officer
REPORTS TO: Security Operations Supervisor
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience, hourly pay – non-exempt
BENEFITS: Free meal, Free Parking
Position available: 5/20/18 – 9/3/18 (then weekends only in September).
Job Description Date: 1/12/18
The Security officer is to provide a safe and secure environment for the members, guests, and employees of the Westchester Country Club. This goal will be accomplished by providing a professional, cooperative, and courteous service to satisfy the needs of all members which include: patrol, parking policy enforcement, monitoring surveillance cameras, writing incident reports, conducting investigations, fire safety awareness, AED/C.P.R.(Club will train), and basic First Aid assistance.
POSITION SUMMARY: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Security officer must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by the Security Operations Supervisor including but not limited to:
- Maintaining a visible and physical presence while on duty so that all club activity can be monitored at all times to preserve order and protect property.
- Providing assistance to all members, employees, and guests
- Monitoring camera surveillance system
- Patrolling club property to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure doors, windows, and gates are secure.
- Call police or fire departments in case of emergency such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Follow up on all suspicious activity.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Writing incident reports for any accident, injury, rule infraction, property damage, theft, unauthorized persons, or suspicious activity.
- Observe, document and report all safety hazards.
- Complete daily activity log checklist
- Issue parking summonses for all parking violations
- Complete safety inspections for various items (Ex. Emergency lights, fire extinguishers)
- Collecting and logging all Lost & Found items
- Open/lock doors upon request and during routine patrol
- Maintaining key box and issue keys to authorized personnel
- Responding to all fire alarm activations and investigate disturbances
- Providing basic first aid assistance to injured parties on club property when necessary.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Security Operations Supervisor.
- Ability to type a clear concise report
- Computer literacy required
- Ability to operate Security Management computer system
- Ability to operate camera surveillance system
- Ability to operate Fire Alarm panel
Diligent, Security minded individual to work in a prestigious Country Club.
Security experience and or Criminal Justice background required
Must be flexible to meet scheduling needs
Must be able to communicate & interact professionally with members & employees
Ability to operate a motor vehicle (NYS Drivers license) required
Previous First Aid/CPR/Defibrillator training a plus
Ability to speak Spanish a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Frequent walking (up to 8 hours a day), standing (up to 8 hours a day) and sitting. Intermittent squatting, bending, twisting, lifting (up to 50 Lbs or more). This position requires excellent visual acuity and auditory sense to monitor cameras, listen to security radio and use computer terminal for various duties. Some tasks may include exposure to blood, fluids or tissue (Blood Borne Pathogen training and proper protective equipment available).