Become a part of the Piedmont Family! Piedmont Healthcare – It’s Time to Get Better. We care about our employees so you can care for our patients. Piedmont Healthcare.
COOK (Full Time with Benefits)
Location: Piedmont Mountainside Hospital (Jasper, GA)
Performs a variety of tasks in the preparation of meals, interprets recipes, cooks and assembles large volumes of food for the cafeteria, patient, and catering meals.
1. Ensures quality customer service throughout the food production by assembling ingredients to prepare foods according to standard recipes and diet orders.
2. Reads and interprets recipes and prepares food items according to instructions and recognized safe food handling practices.
3. Executes the food production process which includes measuring, weighing, portions, labeling and food substitutions for allergies; ensuring food waste is kept to a minimum.
4. Ensures all foods are cooked to correct temperature, and maintains temperature charts on a daily basis in accordance with the HACCP Program.
5. Detects and reports improperly prepared food or food that does not meet standards.
6. Maintains sanitary cleaning standards throughout the cook area as outlined in the sanitation manual following the HACCP program.
7. Sets up and prepares supplies and equipment for daily food preparation to include all equipment and units.
8. Operates and monitors proper functioning of equipment; follow all safety procedures for using the equipment and chemicals.
9. May assist with other duties in specialty stations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three years’ experience as a cook required. Years spent in Culinary School may substitute for years of experience.
Serve Safe certification preferred.
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: Healthcare Benefits, Paid Time Off, 401K
Management Position: No