Apply Now Quirk Hotel will be a 75-room boutique art-focused luxury hotel, bringing art and life together to create a unique hotel experience in downtown Richmond, VA. The historic mid-rise Italian Renaissance building was originally built in 1916 and is located in the heart of the Arts & Culture District, within walking distance to many shops, and restaurants. The hotel features and amenities include a signature restaurant and bar and gourmet coffee shop, located in the expansive Lobby along with a seasonal roof deck bar and approximately 3,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space and a highly visible prime location at the corner of West Broad Street and Jefferson Street. Quirk Hotel enjoys an ideal location that is proximate and easily accessible to the area's major transportation arteries.
Job OverviewThe Office Clerk will be a utility player that will assist the Accounting team. This will include assisting with the mail, paperwork, guest inquiries, and other necessary items. S/he will take a proactive approach to ensuring paperwork is filed appropriately, and that guest inquiries and issues are resolved fully in a timely manner. S/he will assist the staff in providing excellent and positive customer service to guests, department and associates alike.Essential Functions
- Organized and prepared all daily/weekly mail responsibilities for the entire Resort including opening, sorting, and assembling of mail for A/R and A/P Processing.
- Primary point person for handling guest phone calls and inquiries. Will need to research and pull guest data and respond to guest in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the on-going shredding and storage of sensitive A/P and A/R documents while adhering to the retention policies.
- Provide direct support to the A/P, Cashier, and entire accounting staff with any needed tasks.
- Maintain all vendor and staffing files, including creating labels, filing, annual file replacement/removal, and maintaining the master vendor/label spreadsheets.
- Accompany the Cashier to the Lodge to verify and retrieve the cash drop envelopes from the safe behind the Front Desk
- Accounts Payable filing
- Assist A/P with assembling checks for signature and/or mailing, as needed
- Provide back-up for the Cashier
- Perform monthly bank audits with the various Accounting Associates
- Create new vendor files, and updates master label spreadsheet
- Create labels for coworker’s files as needed
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.