Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
The candidate will emerge from Omni Hotels’ 18-month Finance Leader in Development program with a well-rounded understanding of hotel operations and the effects on Accounting and Finance functions required for an Accounting Manager position. The candidate will be primarily responsible for completing self-directed learning plans that facilitate hands on exposure to all aspects of hotel operations and direct interaction with all levels of hotel management, as well as managing the day-to-day Accounting functions ensuring timely and accurate service, while maintaining guest satisfaction.Responsibilities
- Review Hotel Ledger daily for Items that require attention
- Generate Hotel Ledger report daily to ensure that P1 Accounts are billed out timely
- Checkouts with balance are resolved
- Cancellations and No Show charges are posted
- There are no debits on the advance deposit ledgers
- Make sure the monthly perm accounts are cleared per SOP.
- Ensure that AR is represented at Resume meetings, as well as at Pre and Post Conference meetings when required
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely, efficient manner and record notes in Epitome
- Increase AR turnover and speed collection period by ensuring accurate billing, aggressive(10day) follow up calls, notation of all correspondence in Epitome
- Post all miscellaneous charges to the group and distribute the invoice to AR staff.
- Prepare weekly AR Recap report and forward to Accounting manger.
- Post payments received for AR accounts and deposits for upcoming groups
- Close out House accounts monthly and create new Perm Distribute revised Perm accounts list to relevant department.
- Generate the advance deposit invoice for groups and collect the payment in timely manner
- Prepare group commission reports as well as commission check requests for paid groups
- Perform other tasks dictated by Accounting Manager and Assistant Director of Finance
The candidate must be a highly motivated individual with great communications skills. Upon completion of the program the candidate must be open to relocate to one of our Omni properties.
- Previous hotel experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance Required from and accredited college
- Prior receivables and/or accounting experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Outlook and other general computer skills
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external guests
- Must be able to work Monday- Friday with the occasional weekend
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.