A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Pasea Hotel & Spa is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our team as Accounts Receivable Coordinator!
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring the property receives payments for goods and services. Processes and posts receipts. Prepares billing, resolves discrepancies and maintains records according to established policies and procedures.
- Monitors group master accounts from check-in through checkout and ensures billing is correct. Audits, prepares and posts city ledger adjustments as needed. Prepares and mail invoices with proper documentation. Applies payments to the appropriate group master accounts.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions in the general ledger accounting software. Reconciles the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank deposit. Totals and records deposit amounts and completes deposit slips.
- Prepares adjustments to reflect receipt of payments from credit companies upon notification from the bank. Enters credit approvals into the account management software system. Handles credit card charges for all ancillary billings (electrical, delivery, parking, etc.). Clears all "wash-through" accounts.
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, internal departments and customers.
- Collects on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communicating with customers via phone, email, fax or mail.
- Responds to guest inquiries and resolves billing discrepancies via phone and email. Researches and respond to all credit card charge backs within time limits set by credit card companies, processing the necessary adjustments when required. Researches and responds to all individual travel agent commission inquiries.
- Collects outstanding payments by creating and sending letters, following up with phone calls, and if necessary sending accounts to a collection agency.
- Maintains accounting records and ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions into the computer systems. Maintains accounting department files and records. Assists with month-end and year-end closing, financial statement preparation, and runs monthly, yearly or ad hoc reports as required. Prepares spreadsheets for audits or special reports.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with vendors and internal/external customers.
- Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Requires ability to use computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information. Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to set up and use spreadsheet programs designed in Excel
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Three years of related accounting experience.
- Ability to use Opera PMS and MS Excel
- Prior experience working in Hospitality
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, use hands and/or reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, at least 20" or less; distant vision at 20' or more and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and own or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office/IT equipment.
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.