Area Director of Revenue Management
PM Hospitality Strategies
Location: US - VA - Ashburn
PM Hotel Group has a great opportunity for an experienced Area Director of Revenue Management. The Area revenue will be supporting a cluster of hotels within the Dulles, Virginia Market.
*To provide complete revenue management support to a Cluster of hotels within the same geographical area.
*Work with on property sales teams to maximize every revenue opportunity within the cluster of hotels.
*Responsible for the implementation of revenue strategies and to be the decision maker regarding which hotel is best suited for a particular piece of business
*This position is to review and strategize by market segment.
*To provide analysis of rate strategies for all cluster hotels and provide tracked results.
*Position to manage and maintain group and transient inventory controls including daily revenue and business review meetings.
*Analyze group and transient pace reports to correctly position room rates for each market segment.
*Forecasting by market segment to produce 10, 30, 60, 90 day forecasts on an ongoing basis.
*Monitoring the pricing of competitors, fully understanding the local market and demand generators.
*Assist in developing, implementing, monitoring, and controlling annual budget and marketing plans to assist in achieving/exceeding the overall hotel goals.
*Approve negotiated rates for transient accounts to ensure the right mix of sales is realized to maximize room revenue.
*Maintain strong relationships with third party market managers on behalf of all of the hotels
*Monitor position and strategy for all third party channels
*Ability to manage all content and photos as well as landing pages on the brand.com sites.
*Managing all information submitted and displayed on the GDS systems and third party booking sites. Main contact for stand alone website if applicable.
The individual must possess the following skill set to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* Exceptional analytical, strategical, and forward thinking skills
* Self Discipline with the ability to multitask
* Well organized with attention to detail
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to communicate
* Results driven with the ability to manage people and work loads
* Extensive knowledge of property management systems for Hilton, Starwood, Choice
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Well versed in reports such as the STR report, Market Vision, Hotelligence, ext.
* Ability to work remotely and to travel when needed.
* Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
* Well polished, professional appearance and demeanor.
* Comfortable presenting in large or small groups of people.
* Ability to conduct revenue management meetings with Executive Committee by presenting your recommendations with solid historical and current data supporting your view.
* Ability to work with the DOSM to maximize room revenue.
Note: Other duties as assigned by the EVP of Sales and Marketing and/or the General Manager
Internal: Strong relationship and communication with Sales and Marketing team, General Manager, Executive Committee, Corporate Revenue and Digital Marketing , PM Hotel Group officers and Asset Managers.
External: Third Party Market Managers, Brand Support Personnel, Revenue Managers within competitive set.
Education/ Experience: Formal training in revenue management by major hotel organization and/or recognized University. Two-Four years experience as Revenue Manager for upscale hotel preferred.
Certification and/or License Requirement: None
Skills: Literate in MS Excel for data analysis and forecasting