Area General Manager
Location: US - TN - Franklin
Franklin, TN, US 37067
Chartwell Hospitality is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead an experienced team for our High-end Full Service / High-end Select Service Hotels. A successful candidate will have a strong sense of urgency, personal initiative, and determination, be able to drive sales and exceed expectations of both team members and guests. We are looking for an experienced candidate with a proven track record of successfully managing a hotel's overall operation, with strong experience in Food & Beverage, Catering and Group Meetings. A strong leader that can create a motivating work environment develop team members and deliver results while upholding all brand quality standards and maintain budgeted revenues and expenses.
- Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Performs Sales duties including marketing calls, attending community business functions, qualifying and retention of an in-house group and corporate business, and assisting Director of Sales with hotel sales strategies.
- Meets all Accounts Receivable standards, and conducts monthly calls to ensure aging is current.
- Ensures staff receives proper training for each position, and company standard operating procedures.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and completes in budget planning.
- Reviews monthly financial reports and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner and follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follows company policies and procedures and can effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
- FIVE (5) YEARS HOTEL MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Passion to provide exemplary guest service
- Ability to create and develop a dynamic team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Proficiency with basic computer (PC) and office technology
- Degree in Hotel or Hospitality Management a plus
- Local market experience a plus
Please complete the assessment at https://rdr.devinegroup.com/?QBKQJO to be considered.