Job Purpose: Secure new volume accounts; grow positive relationships with assigned existing accounts; assure positive recognition within the local community for the hotel.
1. Solicit, negotiate and generate contracted revenues from volume prospects that meet criteria established in the hotel business plan.
2. Employ revenue management techniques to recommend corporate rate proposals.
3. Accurately prepare and present Requests for Proposals so that both client and hotel receive a good value.
4. Work collaboratively with both the VP of Sales and the Regional Director Sales as well as off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
5. Develop, implement and constantly modify sales action plans.
6. Manage and maintain an accurate and up-to-date contact management system.
7. Negotiate and close contracts that meet the hotel's business plan objectives. Desired arrival, departure and volume patterns must be met.
8. Internally communicate client requirements, thereby insuring all information is accurate between client and hotel staff.
9. Coordinate and participate in target market trade shows and sales blitzes.
10. Conduct competitive analysis and maintain competitor files in order to be able to compete successfully.
11. Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and companies.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s).
- Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
- Ability to use analytic skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments for hotel sales.
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques.
- Aggressively pursue new accounts on a weekly basis.
- Track record developing long term business relationships.
- Maintain consistent verbal and written communication with clients.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
- Background in sales.
- Experience in Hotel Sales.
- Sell hotel meeting space, maximize meeting space revenues and provide meeting planning skills to groups/SMERF accounts as needed.