Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis position provides daily management of the general ledger positions within the accounting department which includes payroll, income audit and staff accountant; responsible for the reconciliation and integrity of the general ledger. Additionally, assist with the preparation of accurate and timely financial reporting, routinely provide financial support and analysis.Essential Functions
- Manage the daily operations and work schedules of the income audit, payroll and general ledger
- Supervise the Accounting team including interviewing, hiring and evaluating employee performance
- Monitor daily operational and flash reports for accuracy and completeness
- Assist with the coordination of internal and external audits, and in evaluating results to institute procedures and controls related to findings
- Oversee month-end inventories, perform test counts and investigate variances and review the resulting adjustments
- Review monthly departmental COGS to ensure the relationship to sales is reasonable and correct. Investigate discrepancies and implement procedures to remedy incorrect inventory transactions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Hospitality background or 2-3 years auditing experience in a mid to large-size public accounting firm
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with computer systems, including report writing, excel and power point