Assistant General Manager
Residence Inn Marriott Amelia Island
Location: US - FL - Fernandina Beach
Fernandina Beach, FL, US 32034
We are looking for that leader with a passion for hospitality and customer service, a great coach that can mentor and develop a team to produce excellent results, and an overall trendsetter that is willing to take our service and associates to the next level.
This dynamic Assistant General Manager will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. Assists the General Manager in leading the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and having Fun. We strive to hire the BEST associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment that associates find appealing. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We do many fun things on property to stay engaged with our associates and show you we care about you.
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer.
Within the first 30 Days:
- Familiarize yourself and be comfortable with all HR processes. You will play a huge part in new hire onboarding and success!
- Lead and facilitate required Brand and Management Company Training for Hotel associates to ensure compliance with OSHA, State Health Department, Brand QA Intercompany Safety/Security and Cultural programs/Certificates.
- Strong led focus and support to the General Manager in maintaining and ensuring Hotel meets
- Brand Standards to heighten Guest Satisfaction (GSS) in each area of the property
- Understand and be able to execute on all Accounts Receivable and Payable duties within the first 30 days
- Oversees the operation of the all hotel property departments
- Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies
- Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS
- Ensures compliance with all corporate accounting procedures
- Cover front desk shifts as needed
- Ensures each department has accurate and complete inventory and all supply quotas are maintained
- Assists and approves department managers scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
- Assist team supervisors and managers with constructive coaching and counseling
- Motivates and empowers staff to solve guest issues
- Focused on guest satisfaction scores and strategies for improvements
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests
- Ensures training and onboarding of all new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion
- Assist managers in proactive hiring and ensuring appropriate staffing levels in all areas
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least one (1) years of related Assistant General Manager experience; or High School diploma or equivalent plus at least (3) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must have a solid Front Office Management experience within Full Service, Select Service and/or Extended Stay property.
- Computer skills required – must have the ability to communicate effectively through email as well as manipulate and decipher information quickly from spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience with hotel information systems required.
Preferred Skills and/or Education:
- Successfully interact with Hotel General Manager, all key leaders and staff across the hotel, as well as key corporate staff and ownership groups when necessary.
- Balance Strategic Planning with hands-on execution out on the floor in a fast-paced environment
- Develop cohesion with direct reports and maximize each one’s potential
- Keep current market share as well as aggressively grow new prospects within the market, especially from nearby competition
- Fosse Experience Beneficial
- Marsha (not required)
- Revenue Management Experience
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Great Benefits (available to full time associates) including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
401K Retirement Program.
Group Life Insurance
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
Cell Phone Allowance