Assistant General Manager
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Are looking for a great career path towards Hotel General Manager, and currently maintain a broad spectrum of responsibilities at your current Hotel leadership position? Do you possess excellent guest service and leadership skills and have a proven track record for success? The Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove - A Stonebridge Companies Hotel is currently searching for a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Assistant General Manager to join our exceptional hospitality team. We are looking for a candidate that appreciates the rewards of hard work, thrives on challenges, loves the hotel industry, and aspires to grow within our company and within our community.
The ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the property, including but not limited to front office, housekeeping, food and beverage and engineering, while supporting the General Manager in providing overall leadership in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead all operational managers to success on daily, weekly, monthly and annual action plans relative to property business plan and financial goals in Rooms and Food and Beverage.
• Ensure compliance of brand standard operating procedures and policies.
• Plan, organize, facilitate and/or participate in various hotel and department meetings.
• Develop and implement plans that improve guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction. In both operational departments and Food and Beverage.
• Monitor and develop associate performance, particularly operational managers, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards.
• Interview, hire, train and mentor associates, particularly management level.
• Monitor service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements.
• Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and develop measures to correct those deficiencies.
• Support assigned departments to achieve financial/business plan goals and expectations in accordance with established operating budget, monitoring progress monthly and implementing controls for expense management.
• Minimize risk and oversee loss prevention measures in the areas of safety of guests and associates and security of the hotel and property and in accordance with state, federal and company policies.
• Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
• Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
• Performs any other duties as requested by General Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates strong BUSINESS ACUMEN
* Knows how businesses work; is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Associate demonstrates INTEGRITY AND TRUST
* Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t represent self for personal gain.
Associate demonstrates exemplary ORGANIZATIONAL AGILITY
* Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
Associate demonstrates DRIVE FOR RESULTS
* Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Plan, organize and manage multiple deadlines with conflicting priorities.
* Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates effective PLANNING
* Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
* Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answer.
Associate demonstrates CONFLICT MANAGEMENT & RESPECT
* Effectively manages conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimal noise.
* Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
* Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
* Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Associate demonstrates CUSTOMER FOCUS
* Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first–hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Associate demonstrates effe