Assistant Housekeeping Manager
The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global
hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in
70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And
we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and
diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service
culture and have a passion for excellence. To
learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Assistant Housekeeping Manager to work at to
work at the new property The Summit. This
position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the housekeeping department
providing supervision of the housekeeping staff under guidance of Executive
Housekeeper and supporting the Housekeeping Supervisors.
will include but not be limited to:
- Controls, monitors and communicates room status with
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA
standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety
committees as directed.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest
needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Inspects, monitors and maintains level of cleanliness
in rooms, storage areas, laundry, restrooms and public areas as assigned.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and
services and resolve guests' complaints and concerns regarding
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance,
security and return on guest lost and found items.
- Assists in conducting inventories of uniforms, linen,
supplies and equipment as required and orders and receives supplies so as
to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Turn in ready rooms to computer as soon as they become
available; turn in discrepancies with front desk daily before the end of
- Turn in maintenance requests daily.
- Monitor and follow up on Room Attendant and Houseperson
- Provide on-going training to Room Attendants and
- Assist in cost control and payroll
- High school education, GED, or
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a high volume hotel, conference center or
resort with at least one of those in a supervisory role.
- Outstanding management, organization,
communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to successfully coordinate staff
in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and
organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department
- Ability to work collaboratively and
communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to abide by the company
appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends,
holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the
- Basic office skills, experience with
personal computer & Microsoft Office, general office equipment and
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use
hands to handle objects, tools
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the
majority of shift in a standing
Frequently is required to talk or hear.