Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewYou will provide expert assistance to the Manager of the Pantry/ Beanery by overseeing the daily operation of the Pantry/ Beanery to ensure optimum performance, exceptional guest service and maximum profitability. You will train and motivate staff to provide amazing guest experiences, as well as handing grocery retail purchasing and merchandising.Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically leads and supervises the Pantry/Beanery team
- Ensures a welcoming physical atmosphere and cleanliness of the department, including inspecting tabletops, countertops and side stations
- Communicate information to the service team giving them the knowledge to be individually empowered
- Utilize the Freedom To Go Beyond to resolves guest issues promptly and with great care
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Supervise the performance, attendance, attitude, appearance and conduct of service team
- Assist with the development, training and inspiration of outlet staff
- Manage grocery and retail purchasing, category management and pricing of items.
- 1-3 years’ experience in at least one of the following areas required: grocery retail purchasing, merchandising, category management, or operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle stress effectively.
- Exceptional ability to manage time, prioritize, and delegate tasks is required.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining organized is essential to this position.
- Demonstrated competency with computers, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Interest or experience with Natural Foods is a plus.
- Cash handling and POS experience is a plus.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid DLC (retail) certificate required.
- Flexible schedule to include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.