Banquet Cook 2 FT
Situated on a private 15-acre peninsula surrounded by Coronado Bay and the Pacific Ocean, Loews Coronado Bay Resort is located just minutes away from the charming resort village of Coronado and a short drive to San Diego’s world famous attractions. With panoramic water views, sea inspired guest rooms and world-class dining, Loews Coronado Bay is the premier choice for San Diego hotels. Our 439 rooms include 37 suites (all with bay, marina, pool, and garden views), four dining outlets, 24-hour in room dining, three outdoor swimming pools, and featuring 65,000 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor meeting and function space. For more information about the Loews Coronado Bay Resort, please visit www.loewscoronadobayresort.com.
The Loews Coronado Bay Resort is seeking a Full Time Banquet Cook 2. Assist in the preparation of food as ordered, according to approved standardized recipes. Ensure that all food served is of the highest quality and that it is served in a timely manner.
Below is a list of some of the responsibilities of the position:
- Prepares all volume food inters according to standard recipes and specifications to ensure consistency of product
- Must adhere to control procedures for cost/quality
- Checks and controls the proper storage an rotation of product, checking on portion control to maintain a quality product
- Practice inventory controls, including the preparation of and pick up of item from the storeroom
- Stores all food in refrigerated boxes including covers, labels and dates.
- Cleaning of walk-ins, reach-in boxes, to ensure all equipment in working areas is clean and sanitary and in proper working condition, in order to comply with health department regulations
Follow the link to our Banquet Menu:
- Minimum 1 year cooking experience in a high volume hotel or free standing restaurant (preferably in fine dining restaurant) or post secondary culinary training/certification from culinary training school
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Food Service Sanitation Standards
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of standard kitchen equipment and its use
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Food Handler Card/ or ServSafe required
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V