Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic leader to join our team as a Banquet Manager. The Banquet Manager will work closely with the hotel’s F&B staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage banquet service operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, and compliance with policy and procedure while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
* Responsible for long and short-term planning and day-to-day operations of the banquet department
* Recommend policy and procedural changes.
* Implement and monitor the departmental budget and manages expenses within the given budget constraints.
* Analyze BEO's, communicate effectively with customers, managers and associates to ensure that all room set-ups, equipment, supplies, staffing, and menus meet/exceed customer's expectations.
* Review all schedules, equipment, supplies, and organize workflow to ensure a quality event to customers on a daily basis.
* Monitor and control banquet budget and coordinate with even budgets to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while providing quality quest service.
* Implement company programs and resolve daily, operational problems through consistent monitoring of banquet operations to ensure compliance with safety and security regulations and to ensure optimal level of service, quality and hospitality.
* Supervise banquet staff to retain and motivate associates; train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, provide performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline, as appropriate.
* Participate in all special projects, task forces, and committees as requested.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
* Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
* Strong administrative skills, to include business writing, mathematics for basic accounting and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Ability to sit for hours at a time.
* Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Some college and/or advanced training in food operations.
* Prior hotel and supervisory experience preferred. Culinary Arts training, a plus.
* Ability to work calmly under stressful situations.
* Maintain high level of guest satisfaction is in absolute requirement for this position.
* Availability to work flexible work schedules including morning, evenings, weekends and holidays.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER