Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Banquet Houseperson sets and maintains all function rooms/areas, service corridors, storerooms and equipment in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.Job Description
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Efficient and correct set up of tables, chairs, platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Check and properly adjust temperature and lights. Check electrical hook-ups for proper working order and tape down all exposed cords.
- Provide audio visual services including set up, instruct in proper equipment use, take down and secure storage of equipment.
- Pick-up and deliver boxes/materials for functions as needed.
- Service/freshen function rooms during breaks.
- Break down of tables, chairs, platforms/stages and other equipment. Return all unused equipment in clean condition to proper storage area.
- Keep function and equipment storage areas neat and clean.
- Perform deep cleaning of function areas as assigned.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Education and Experience: High school education or related experience. Familiarity with audio-visual equipment and hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper set ups, cleaning, break down and storage techniques and procedures. Ability to timely complete assigned tasks. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 100 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.