Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
SUMMARY:The Banquet Supervisor is primarily responsible for set-up, break-down, service and clean-up of banquet functions during an assigned shift. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Banquet Supervisor will work with the Banquet Captain/Assistant Banquet Manager to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Banquet Supervisor shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up, serve and/or break down of banquet functions.
- Assign work and monitor the performance of scheduled banquet staff. Provide training and corrective instructions.
- Work closely with Kitchen Staff to communicate speed of service, client numbers, and special requests.
- Greet guests upon arrival. Respond to guest requests and/or complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
- May review guest check with client after function and obtain signature.
- Participate in pre-function meeting and review all information pertinent to service and set up of group.
- Inspect scheduled function areas/rooms, table set-ups, bar set-ups, buffet tables, receptions and coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and proper layout.
- Follow procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of banquet inventory and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) check storage areas for proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness, and (4) to minimize misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen, and supplies and to ensure that no re-usable goods are wasted.
- May handle incoming/outgoing boxes and exhibit materials.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Associates Degree and/or 2 years of equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, POS and PMS systems
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of audiovisual equipment and cleaning equipment
- Ability to design instructions, correspondence, simple presentations
- Fluency in other languages beneficial