A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Stocks bars, stations and coolers. Maintains liquor and bar storage rooms. Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked bar.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Maintains appropriate levels of inventory and supplies by replenishing bar supplies including liquor, beer, CO2 and other beverage tanks, ice, glassware, dishes and consumable supplies to all bars and alcohol venues on a timely basis during the shift to ensure an experience that meets or exceeds guests' expectations.
- Maintains the appearance of bar and lounge areas by cleaning and resetting bars and related areas, stocking and removing glassware and related supplies such as ice , napkins and straws.
- Washes all glasses, utensils, and related preparation/serving items by following approved sanitation and safety guidelines, including operate commercial dishwasher; inspect, dry and store all cleaned items properly to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and guest service.
- Properly disposes of recyclables and transports soiled barware to stewarding area.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team Members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team Member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Completes pre, running, and post shift side-work requirements.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Prior bar experience desired.
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must have a basic knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drink preparation.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards. Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and company policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the Team Member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between activities occurring simultaneously. The Team Member frequently grasps objects such as liquor bottles and glassware. The Team Member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as extremely hot glassware and plateware. The Team Member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The Team Member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches when stocking bars and coolers. The Team Member frequently talks when communicating with guests and kitchen. The Team Member frequently needs to hear voices while taking orders and interacting with guests. The Team Member occasionally needs to taste to make sure drinks are not too strong and have the right flavor. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. The Team Member occasionally pushes and pulls carts and furniture. Lifting is regularly required to prepare serving areas, stock and restock bar, and serve
food and beverages. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as liquor bottles, cases of beer, kegs, plateware and glassware. The Team
Member is required to have close visual acuity to perform the job such as detecting glassware that does not meet cleanliness standards, reading liquor labels, using the POS system, reading state issued identification cards, and assuring accurate pours. The Team Member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The Team Member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The Team Member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees while moving around in the kitchen or performing duties while outside temperatures are high. Occasionally subject to extreme cold when working in refrigerated areas. The Team Member is frequently subject to loud voices, noises, or music when working in or around the kitchen and work areas. The Team Member is occasionally subject to vibration when working in environment where games occur or loud music is played. The Team Member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot plateware or glassware. The Team Member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. Will handle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.