Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
Live to discover, work to inspire.
Exploring the world doesn’t have to stop when the working day starts. At Renaissance Hotels, we know your passion for discovery is more than a hobby, it’s a career. The Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel is a chic hotel in the heart of downtown Toledo with sweeping views of the Maumee River from the rooftop bar on the 12th floor. The interior design of the hotel is inspired from the local glass culture and features a trendy three-meal restaurant and the Renaissance signature “R” Lounge on the main floor.
Renaissance Toledo Downtown is looking for an energetic and attentive bar back. Experience working as a bar back, busser, or server assistant is preferred. More importantly, we are looking for a passionate individual to create unique experiences for our guests and help them discover all the best in Toledo.
What your job entails:
* Rotate kegs, juices, punches, fruit, etc.
* Ensure cleanliness of coolers
* Ensure bartenders have necessary supplies for success
* Effectively and efficiently clean and store glasses and bar equipment
* Report any observed personnel or guest issues to supervisor
* Maintain cleanliness of all bar areas including counter, sinks, utensils, shelves, and storage areas
* Assist in restocking and replenishing bar inventory and supplies
* Report maintenance and functionality issues to supervisor
* Perform job functions safely according to standard
* Perform additional duties as required
* One year experience as a busser, bar back, or server assistant preferred
* Familiarity with bar setup and vernacular
* Ability to anticipate needs of bartender and guests, and act proactively
* Safely utilize knives and other utensils for food/drink preparation
* You must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Able to stand for hours at a time.
* You understand this job requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Able to lift 50+ pounds
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER