The Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel is seeking a Bellperson to join our team. Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel is a 4 Diamond, luxury, 556 room hotel with 50,000 square feet meeting space. For more information about the Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/chicago-ohare-hotel
Bellperson is responsible for providing a variety of guest service activities in an exceptionally friendly, professional, and efficient manner commensurate with the demands of a four-star hotel. Rooms guests, handles guest luggage, delivers faxes and packages, and provides travel directions and assistance. Follows the hotel standards and provides excellent service.
- More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Assists arriving and departing guests in a professional manner with utmost courtesy
- Handles all luggage, baggage, packages, etc. carefully and safely
- Rooms arriving guests and assists guests who are checking out per Hotel standard
- Ensures that all luggage and bags are in a secure and safe area while awaiting transfer
- Completely familiar with all room types, room amenities, and Hotel facilities and provides such information to Hotel guests
- Completely familiar with Hotel emergency procedures and assists Security in emergency situations when requested
- Handles guest inquiries professionally and with the utmost courtesy and accuracy
- Answers the telephone in accordance with all Loews Hotels standards
- Becomes familiar with guest names and acknowledges guests by name
- Provides guests with hotel and surrounding area information and travel directions
- Promotes Hotel facilities, food and beverage outlets, and recreation programs
- Delivers guest faxes and packages to guestrooms
- Handles master keys and bell closet keys with care and follows proper sign-in/out procedures
- Maintains condition of Hotel lobby, picking up any trash or debris, contacting Housekeeping for major cleaning tasks
- Maintains condition of luggage storage areas, picking up any trash, or debris, contacting Housekeeping for major tasks.
- Maintains equipment on a daily basis (cleans bell carts, etc.)
- Establishes a good working relationship with all Hotel departments, especially Front Desk, Concierge, Parking/Valet, and Housekeeping
- Stands at post when not on a “Front” or “Last”
- Other duties as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent communication and guest relations skills
- Ability to make decisions on imperfect information.
- Knowledge of the local area, roadways, and services
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds and push/pull a cart weighing up to 350 pounds
- Position requires continual bending, lifting, stooping, and pushing
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Education: High school diploma preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3 years hotel experience preferred.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V