Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the world's largest and most dynamic hotel companies. Operating in over 85 countries and territories worldwide, our brands employ more than 85,000 inspiring people-and we are always looking for great talent to join our team. Our culture encourages employees to innovate, share ideas, take risks, lead, and make a difference.
BOTHELL Front Desk Agent -Country Inn & Suites
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 Receives and processes incoming guests
* Ensure a delightful, seamless arrival and departure for our guests.
* Greets guest and processes hotel registration and other transactions
* Keeps current on hotel accommodations, services and local attractions
* Handles all guest compliments, comments, observations and challenges in a timely manner to effectively achieve full guest satisfaction
* Records resolutions to guest complaints on the "Make it Right" log
* Works with other departments as appropriate to arrange for services requested by the guest
* Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing and updating the communication log
* Prepares end of shift summaries and communications for management and other shifts
* Encourages day to day up selling of guest accommodations and promotes hotel amenities, food & beverage outlets, hotel services and loyalty program
* Makes reservations in accordance with hotel's yield management practices
* May be responsible for answering and fielding all calls to the hotel, both internal and external
* Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies Accounting
* Obtains appropriate approvals and signatures for guest transactions
* Follows hotel policy on cash banks
* Maintains confidentiality of guest information
1 Aligns with the "Be Our Guest" service standards to build and reinforce skills that create a lasting service culture that provides caring, comfortable and consistent experiences.
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
* Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
* Provides genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
* Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and works to resolve
* Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
* Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of hotel front desk experience, other hotel experience or experience in a customer service environment
* Experience in Opera system preferential
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Works well independently or as part of a team
* Strong attention to detail
* Commitment to exceptional guest service
* Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude when handling all situations
* Adhere to the policies and procedures of the hotel
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends
* Working knowledge of computer and math skills.
* Ability to stand, stoop or bend for entire shift
* Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected class. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins. We participate in E-Verify and those who are ineligible to work in the United States will not be considered.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays, flexible scheduling available.