At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
- Monitor production and quality levels of all Buffet products to ensure standards are upheld.
- Responsible for describing and marketing items on the buffet to the guest.
- Responsible to ensure that the buffet is fully stocked to standard including but not limited Menu Items, Condiments, Dry Goods and Appropriate Plates
- Accountable to ensure that the Buffet remains neat and clean to standard
- Communicate with Restaurant and Culinary Leadership regarding business levels and food quality.
- Direct responsibility for the execution of each station.
- Be familiar with all property amenities and dining venues
- Maintain knowledge of what the kitchen has in stock and what we are capable of making upon request.
- Assist in any area of the Restaurant as needed.
- Maintain a superior level of professionalism.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year restaurant experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization both with Guests and with internal customers.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Crawling; Frequent Walking, Kneeling, Bending Over, Reaching, Pushing, Pulling, Balancing, Crouching, Lifting/Carrying up to 70lbs, Manual Dexterity, Fine Motor Skills, Gross Motor Skills, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, Color Recognition, Hearing. Constant Standing
Environmental Factors include
Working inside, alone, closely with others, excessive cold/heat, excessive humidity, noise/vibrations, above ground, with chemicals/detergents/cleaners, around machinery or moving equipment, around fumes and gas, uneven surfaces
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.