Catering Sales Manager
Location: US - IL - Rosemont
· Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
· Book Catering business, detail the meeting / function with the client (space requirements, times, menus, themes, etc.), and assist in overseeing the event.
· Complete contracts, BEO'S, coordinate with the appropriate areas / departments of the hotel to ensure proper high-quality product and service delivery and customer service satisfaction.
· Recommend program and procedural changes as needed.
· Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of Catering revenue.
· Prepare status and weekly reports to keep management abreast of activities.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the competition's products, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve sales strategies and the achievement of goals
· Participate in communication and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales.
· Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
· Assume all responsibilities as delegated by management and do any or all other duties that may be required to fulfill customer needs and requests.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
· Strong administrative skills including business writing.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Previous Hotel Catering experience (preferably with a national brand, with a proven track record for success in sales and revenue generation)
- Exceptional service skills, with strong ability to foster effective relationships with all levels of staff, management and clientele
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to create a motivating work environment
- Excellent organization skill and ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.