As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at
Situated on 80 acres in the pristine Sonoran Desert, authentic Southwestern charm prevails at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona. Originally built as a hacienda-style family home in 1912, each of the 241 well-appointed rooms offers a private balcony with breathtaking views of the surrounding desert landscape. Our location puts you in reach of many of Tuscon's best attractions, making Wyndham Grand Westward Look the best of hotels near Sabino Canyon, near Saguaro National Park, and near Tuscon Mall.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for effectively selling the public space, food and beverage, and function planning services of the hotel to maximize revenues and profits for the hotel. The Catering Sales Manager establishes new accounts, generates revenues, monitors booking pace, and books repeat business while keeping quality consistently high.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as needed
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
• Comply at all times with Wyndham standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
• Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise
• Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention
• Monitor quality of service in Banquets
• Set solicitation goals with the Director of Sales & Marketing, and meet or exceed solicitation goals and revenue goals.
• Re-solicit past local accounts, generate new business, with emphasis on the Wedding Market
• Know meeting room sets and capabilities
• Meet and greet-in-house guests upon arrival, review the course of events and introduce other staff members (banquet manager, captain, etc.)
• Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO’s are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize programs
• Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports
• Understand the Catering incentive program
• Manage booking pace
• Handle inquiry calls and outside sales calls. Follow through to completion of function(s).
• Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for groups
• Interact with outside planners and vendors for special events
• Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations
• Prepare and submit related documentation in a timely manner
• Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training
• Assist in planning and executing weddings and other social events.
• Use feedback from Meeting Plann