Chef De Cuisine
Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando
Location: US - FL - Fort Lauderdale
Summary: Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurants specifications and commitment to quality. Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen. Demonstrates this by example, using proper food- handling techniques.
Restaurant Sous Chef
Strong familiarity with Department of Health Regulations.
Minimum of 5 years sous chef experience in high-quality, volume-oriented environment.
- Culinary School graduate or related training.
- Food Handlers Manager Certificate
- Hire, coach, counsel and conduct performance evaluations for Sous Chefs, Supervisors, cooks and Stewards
- Develop, train and mentor Sous Chef, Supervisors and cooks, Act as a resource to them as well as other back-of-house (BOH) personnel.
- Training and educating BOH staff
- Recommend or conduct disciplinary action, including termination, of BOH staff member when necessary.
- Work with sous chefs to instill company culture, build morale and create an ongoing positive work environment, using established as well as newly developed initiatives.
- Educate FOH staff on menu changes and participate in line up/shift meeting.
Financial / Labor Costs:
- Accountable for meeting budgets for food, labor and direct operating expenses as they pertain to the culinary department.
- Costing all food items and assisting the Food and Beverage director with monthly COGS report
- Kitchen labor schedules that meet the Peak Performance criteria.
- Forecast seasonal staffing levels, hiring and retention of staff.
- Creating seasonal, monthly and weekly specials and menus
- Monitor execution procedures to ensure quality, consistency, efficiency, productivity and professionalism are at highest level.
- Conduct hands-on teaching and training in kitchen, working closely with Sous Chefs and cooks, as well as other staff as applicable who work in BOH, and help with food preparation and execution.
- Train and educate staff on new menu items and changes in procedures for current menu items; monitor and hold staff accountable for implementing the changes.
- Work with management to develop production methodologies to increase efficiency, productivity, quality and consistency.
- To train and monitor sanitation and food handling in kitchen. Develop, implement and maintain sanitation practices and protocol.
- Review menu each week with Sous Chefs to discuss all details of events including menu, presentation, staff assignments and logistics.
- Insure that all menu items served are executed properly.
- Work with management on on-going and monthly/seasonal menu development, staff training and photo shoots.
- Work with management on special menu requests, creating menus, thinking through logistics, cost and labor.
- Organizing and delegating responsibilities for staff meal program
- Setting up and conducting interviews
- Ordering and inventory. Inspecting orders.
- Developing recipes for all dishes on the menu.
- Edit kitchen menus for portioning, menu design and other details, making changes to menus as needed.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with guests and associates.
- Always remember we are in a partnership with our guests, fellow grand performers and owners to provide quality service and profitability.
- Perform all reasonable requests from management team.
- Passionate culinarian with great palette and sense of presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in environment with time constraints.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, performing work accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain systems for culinary staff and other kitchen staff.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills including delegation skills
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
.. The majority of time will be spent in kitchen. The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is located in Orlando, Florida.