Chief Engineer Philadelphia Market/Full Service
PM Hotel Group
Location: US - PA - Philadelphia
PM Hospitality Strategies has a great opportunity in Philadelphia for an experienced Chief Engineer.
Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities, and administer the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the hotel’s mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FF&E, grounds, swimming pool, etc. as defined by PM Hotel Group and brand standards.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
• Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
• Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
• Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
• Communicate with hotel's department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
• Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters, and completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
• Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (i.e. snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
• Maintain franchise standards and follow up on inspection deficiencies
• Coordinate compliance of service contracts.
• Implement and maintain PM Hotel Group preventative maintenance program.
• Implement and maintain the room care program.
• Assist General Manager with annual capital plan development.
• Actively participate in PM Hotel Group safety plans and energy improvements.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly. Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Candidate must have hotel experience in a leadership capacity
Ideal candidate will have experienced with Marriott or Starwood's brand.
The hotel will be going thru major renovation; candidate will be responsible for the project with the assistant of the general manager and corporate office.
Candidate must be proficient of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word and Excel)
Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize the work
Ability to work flexible schedule, nights, w/e's and Holidays as business dictates.