Chief Operations Officer
Location: US - IL - Chicago
Objective / Purpose:
This purpose of this position is to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the hotel operations in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility:
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure profitable operation of all hotels and related outlets (F&B, Gallery etc.) in conjunction with established metrics and goals.
- Optimize business performance of each area of responsibility (topline and bottom line).
- Ensure that all operations activities are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing relevant business operations.
- Liaison for outside owners and investors (in conjunction with CFO) relative to day to day operations of managed hotels.
- Ensure integrity of company (and relevant third party) brand standards and business objectives consistent with operating contracts, policies and practices.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- President & COO, Kessler Collection Design & Development
- President, Kessler Collection Management
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Sr. Vice President of Human Resources
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- All Hotel General Managers
- Corporate Team:
- Chief Sales & Marketing Officer
- Vice President of Food & Beverage Concepts
- Vice President of Food & Beverage Operations
- Corporate Director of Engineering
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight time frames while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and execute complex documents.
- Exceptional ability to analyze performance, establish and execute short and long-term goals.
- Ability to respond effectively and confidentially to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid recommendations, conclusions and solutions.
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree – required
- Master’s degree – preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant work experience in similar title and scope of responsibility - required
- Experience in hospitality industry – required
- Experience in luxury brand – preferred
- Experience in similar size organization – preferred
- Experience in a fast paced / high change / growing company – preferred
- Extensive experience in Food & Beverage in similar level outlets and markets - preferred
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license - required
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Candidate must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- This position frequently interacts in person, email, phone, cell phone and Skype with owners, corporate executives, property level leadership and external vendors.
- This position maintains direct contact with external vendors on behalf of the company, and although the majority of time will be spent in Class A office space, you will be required to host meetings and/or attend industry related events outside of the confines of our hotels.
Position is located in Orlando, Florida.