A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Provides warm and welcoming experience for all guests and visitors. Greets arriving and departing guests and assists with luggage. Answers questions about the hotel, hotel amenities, and local area attractions. Shuttles guests to and from the hotel. Resolves guest concerns and provides professional service to gain high level of guest confidence and satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Drives passengers in vehicle from hotel to appropriate destinations according to assigned schedule while obeying all state and city traffic laws. Loads and unloads guest luggage and equipment.
- Maintains cleanliness of transportation vehicles by removing trash, sweeping/vacuuming, and wiping down passenger and driver areas.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Monitors and maintains safety, security, and cleanliness of parking areas/levels, and reports any vehicles/safety hazards, unauthorized personnel, or potential security problems to the manager/supervisor.
- Monitors maintenance and upkeep of hotel vehicles. Keeps accurate maintenance records and notifies management of needed repairs and maintenance.
- Supplies guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- One to three months related experience and/or training. Experience driving a manual transmission and a variety of vehicle types.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through use of the phone, computer, and face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Must possess a valid Drivers License for the appropriate class of vehicle with good driving record. Requires passenger endorsement and medical clearance along with a Class B License.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate office equipment, open car doors and operate vehicles. The team member occasionally grasps objects such as luggage. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction to load and unload luggage. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member regularly talks when communicating with guests. The team member regularly needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and sounds involved with driving safely. The team member frequently pushes and pulls luggage carts and equipment. Lifting is regularly required to move, load and unload luggage and equipment. Exerts up to 70 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as luggage. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to view instrument panel in vehicle. The team member is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general observations of facilities. The team member is usually subject to environmental conditions found working outdoors and occasionally works indoors. Exposed to weather conditions such as wind, rain, cold and hot climate temperatures while working outside. The noise level is moderate. The team member is subject to hazards which includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving vehicles and electrical current found in office machinery. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as perfumes, fumes, gases, odors, or dusts. (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Meritage Resort and Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.