The Doubletree Somerset is seeking to hire conference service manager to join our team. This person would be responsible for the following:
· The creation of, communication/distribution of and follow through while the client is on site of all Banquet Event Orders for groups that are assigned to him/her.
· Any group rooming lists that are assigned
· The creation and distribution of Group Resumes associated with the groups.
· The timely and accurate invoicing for the groups
· Work closely with Chef or Sous Chef to know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
· Is the main Hotel contact while the group is on site.
· Assists the Banquet Staff in completing weekly walk-throughs of all meeting space, reporting the deficiencies that are found and the follow up to ensure that all of the work was completed.
· The overall cleanliness of all meeting and pre-function space.
· The posting of all EMC or EMC/Banquet revenue utilizing the forms and procedures that are in place.
· Serves as the primary contact for clients, other departments and Doubletree Banquet Department.
· In the absence of the Director of Meetings and Conventions assumes all responsibilities for the department.
· Attends all meetings associated with the Operations Team as well as the Sales Team for the Doubletree.
3 - 5 years of conference or hotel planning experience
3 years hotel experience
Availability to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Marisol Sanchez
Contact Title: Human Resources Manager
Address: 200 Atrium Drive. , Somerset, NJ, 08873, US