Conference Services Manager
Great Wolf Lodge of Williamsburg
Location: US - VA - Williamsburg
Feb 1, 2018
Great Wolf Lodge of Williamsburg
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Generates catering revenue and meets budgetary goals through banquet and meeting revenues.
- Responsible for the successful outcome of meetings, events and programs from pre-arrival through post-departure.
- Issues formal proposals and contracts to group clients.
- Creates and manages groups in Opera S&C system.
- Assist with 30-60-90 day catering forecast that is prepared monthly.
- Complete BEO's and Resumes for clients and departments to communicate specific needs and contracted/agreed details and pricing of client to departments.
- Conduct weekly BEO meetings to discuss in-house events with the Director of Food & Beverage, Banquet Manager, Banquet Chef and all relevant personnel. (optional based on property structure)
- Provide detailed information on groups' specific needs throughout the entire booking process from negotiation to contracting and pre-arrival to arrival and departure.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Responds to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Acts as a liaison between hotel and groups, ensuring meeting space is appropriately set up, and handles any special client requests and activities on or off-site.
- Creates group resumes sheets which detail group purpose, room/suite block/pickup, rates and special negotiations, VIP's, meeting and recreation agenda, AV, accounting, and all special instructions to operational departments of hotel.
- Attains pre-set monthly revenue goals for banquets, as determined by the Director of Sales and the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Meets the clients upon arrival, and introduce them to key hotel staff.
- Communicates last minute changes in group functions to hotel staff, and ensure satisfactory follow-up.
- Plans and conducts pre-convention meetings, as requested by client.
- Leads weekly group evaluation meetings, as needed, ensuring that other hotel departments understand their roles in upcoming group programs, and reviewing past performance for groups which have checked out.
Two-year college degree and hotel, resort and/or theme park background a plus.
Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively, with acute sense of detail.
Assertive, professional and positive with a proven ability to develop and thrive in a team environment.
Strong administrative skills including a command of all MS Office products.
Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Destination/Event Manager, F&B - Convention Services / Events