As a Controller, you will fill a leadership role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through overseeing the accounting transactions for full-service hotels with a large Food & Beverage Division, initiating and maintaining internal controls, and preparing financial statements. As the Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards. This position includes responsibilities for budgeting and purchasing, interviewing and hiring of employees, discipline and termination of employees, employee records and filing, and other duties assigned in the absence of the General Manger.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 6 years’ progressive experience in accounting field, preferably in hotel accounting or College Degree and 2 years of accounting experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Manages receivables, payables, credit, payroll and cash handling functions with the accounting department.
- Develops and implements financial control procedures and systems; ensures compliance to “Internal Control Checkup”; maintains documents for audits of hotel accounts.
- Prepares financial analysis of hotel operations including variance explanation and makes recommendations to the achievement of financial goals/targets.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Prepares or directs preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Advises management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Delegate’s authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Develops and maintains relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel in order to facilitate financial activities.
- Prepares and file annual tax returns, or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Hires, trains and provides career development for subordinates; conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback to employees.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
About Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 700 hotels and resorts with more than 85,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels. Our highly resourced company offers an unrivaled track record of creating and maximizing asset value and holds an enviable position as an exclusive management company approved to operate all brands within the Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Wyndham, and InterContinental systems as well as their respective newly launched soft brands.
Aimbridge Hospitality Culture
Aimbridge Hospitality is and will forever be a “high touch” organization. From the principals to the front line associates, the Aimbridge team is engaged in guest, partner (both investment and brand), and associate satisfaction. At Aimbridge Hospitality, we value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Having fun helps us keep perspective! If we’re happy, our guests will be happy. Our work place culture values family, work life balance and community.
Career Advancement at Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality values innovation ideas that ensure high productivity and rewards those willing to step forward and help us develop passionate team members that deliver outstanding guest service and top financial results. We want you to success and explore new positions in which allow you to progress your career. Our culture and programs prepare you to meet and exceed your personal goals. Every leader knows the key to success is continuous training to all team members, and to proactively encourage and provide them with opportunities for advancement.