As a Controller, you will fill a leadership role in supporting your hotel's financial goals through overseeing the accounting transactions for full-service hotels with a large Food & Beverage Division, initiating and maintaining internal controls, and preparing financial statements. As the Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards. This position includes responsibilities for budgeting and purchasing, interviewing and hiring of employees, discipline and termination of employees, employee records and filing, and other duties assigned in the absence of the General Manger.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in accounting field, preferably in hotel accounting or College Degree and 2 years of accounting experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Manages receivables, payables, credit, payroll and cash handling functions with the accounting department.
- Develops and implements financial control procedures and systems; ensures compliance to "Internal Control Checkup"; maintains documents for audits of hotel accounts.
- Prepares financial analysis of hotel operations including variance explanation and makes recommendations to the achievement of financial goals/targets.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Prepares or directs preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Advises management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Delegate's authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Develops and maintains relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel in order to facilitate financial activities.
- Prepares and file annual tax returns, or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Hires, trains and provides career development for subordinates; conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback to employees.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions