Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for cooking, preparing, and garnishing meals for hotel events. With focus on quality and production levels, the Cook II will assist the culinary team with their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.Essential Functions
- Leads by example to prepare hot food and assists with cold station production as necessary
- Assists with plate up process and ensures quality
- Must be able to read recipes and follow measurement instructions accurately
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all team members
- Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- Maintain workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
- Apply basic knife skills required for preparation of hot and cold foods
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Two years of training or related experience required
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships