A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Develops top line sales revenue strategies for developing business and achieving the company's sales goals to maximize financial profitability. Creates and implements marketing strategies and tactics to ensure company-wide marketing activities focus on maintaining the optimal positioning of the properties and achieving maximum revenue. Responsible for the overseeing the leadership and management of sales and marketing functions across all properties. Actively participates in goalsetting, incentive plan development, sales and management training, Creates environment and culture of leaders with dynamic selling skills and a sense of customer urgency that meets the financial needs of the organization and surpasses the customer expectations. Actively defines, refines, and continuously improves processes, systems, and performance to foster an environment of leadership, innovation, education, and growth of each property's sales/marketing team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall success of the company's sales and marketing teams. Manages subordinate sales and marketing staff. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Sales and Marketing Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for planning company's sales revenue goals and directing team management to achieve results.
- Develops the company's annual marketing plan and budget with overall strategy to increase revenues, control expenses and provide a return on investment on marketing spend. Develops and implements innovative communications, public relations and media relations programs to increase awareness and present a positive perception of the resorts to grow market share, maximize revenue and profitability. Develops media programs and may act as designated company spokesperson with the media to meet sales revenue goals.
- Researches information on market and trends and the clients supporting those markets across all markets. Develops and implements company-wide sales plan to successfully identify and close new/additional business. Participates in industry events to market the properties.
- Develops strategies for forecasting and analyzing sales needs and developing effective product responses, delivery systems and methods for measuring and evaluating results. Develops, implements and evaluates short and long-term tactics and programs focused on customer and market needs/conditions to ensure the achievement of revenue goals. Ensures accurate and current related sales/marketing data is readily available to support and document decision-making processes.
- Plans, manages and evaluates all financial aspects of the sales efforts across the properties to ensure cost effectiveness and optimal utilization of resources. Supports sales efforts of all properties including sales trips, off-property functions and customer entertainment .
- Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential management/team members and selecting those that best meet staffing needs. Participates in management training. Follows all Human Resources policies. Ensures staff receives any required training or attends mandatory meetings.
- Prepares annual sales budget. Achieves budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas. Utilizes corporate approved computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability.
- Manages and directs projects as required; assigns projects to team as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- 10+ years of related and progressive sales and marketing experience with independent luxury/full service/focused service and branded concept hotels is required. Those with experience in a corporate, multi-unit setting will be highly preferred.
- Expertise in the areas of budgeting, segmentation optimization, sales systems best practices, training, sales team development and oversight of new property openings and acquisitions is desired. Experience with strategic engagement and relationship management with owners and investors in matters relating to group, Business Travel or catering sales and marketing strategies is preferred.
- Possess solid knowledge of hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Both independent luxury and branded concept service knowledge is required.
- Ability and experience in successfully leading, motivating and coaching a team in a high volume, time sensitive environment. Requires ability to lead a team of hotel sales and marketing professionals by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest and client satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective sales processes designed to attain maximum revenue while ensuring a commitment to integrity and a demonstrated ability to practice principled entrepreneurship is required.
- Demonstrated ability to generate marketing content; superior knowledge of social media, digital marketing and e-commerce.
- Ability to assess and diagnose current marketing trends and apply knowledge to the Corporate Marketing plan; assist hotels with property specific marketing plans; liaison with branded concepts to remain compliant with brand standards.
- Design marketing content and strategies that are creative and client focused; prior experience developing and executing marketing plans and objectives is required.
- Spearhead all internet and website content and directives; develop and maintain branding consistent with established standards and advise on revisions as needed. Assist with employer branding and content as needed.
- Manage, direct and in appropriate cases, delegate the dissemination of PHG internal communications.
- Direct public relations efforts on behalf of Pacific Hospitality Group. Advise PR managers on complex communications.
- Demonstrated, proven track record of exceeding individual and team sales goals; expert level ability to negotiate and close sales. Act as subject matter expert on sales processes; counsel and advise on significant and/or challenging negotiations.
- Represent Pacific Hospitality Group at industry events, conferences and meetings. Advise team on key industry events/conferences to attend and review logistics and planning to ensure brand standards are upheld.
- Requires ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present sales options through verbal face-to-face and telephone interactions. Must be able to create and effectively provide sales presentations and materials to potential customers. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Computer proficiency required; must posses detailed knowledge of hotel specific sales software, third party booking software, etc.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business objectives; must be able to travel up to 40% of the time visiting properties, attending conferences and other industry events as a senior executive for Pacific Hospitality Group.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Managemen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.