Crown Landing Restaurant Host/Hostess
Situated on a private 15-acre peninsula surrounded by Coronado Bay and the Pacific Ocean, Loews Coronado Bay Resort is located just minutes away from the charming resort village of Coronado and a short drive to San Diego’s world famous attractions. With panoramic water views, sea inspired guest rooms and world-class dining, Loews Coronado Bay is the premier choice for San Diego hotels. Our 439 rooms include 37 suites (all with bay, marina, pool, and garden views), four dining outlets, 24-hour in room dining, three outdoor swimming pools, and featuring 65,000 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor meeting and function space. For more information about the Loews Coronado Bay Resort, please visit www.loewscoronadobayresort.com.
The Loews Coronado Bay Resort is seeking a Part Time Restaurant Host/Hostess. This position is responsible for providing an excellent welcome to internal and external guests of the resort. This position coordinates seating to balance workload among servers. Oversees dining room maintenance. Monitors service to ensure guest satisfaction.
Below are some of the responsibilities of the position:
- Supervises Servers and Service assistants in the absence of manager
- Controls Reservation Book, accepts reservations and enters them accurately into the record
- Maintains guest history files, uses information to enhance repeat guests experience
- Assigns work stations and pre-meal side work, inspects dining room and service areas to ensure completion of all tasks prior to start of meal period
- Maintains guest records to; record arrival, cover count, seat assignment, turnover, availability
- Inspects menus to ensure cleanliness and acceptability
- Greets guests in a polite professional manner
- Determines guest needs, verifies table availability, assigns appropriate table for seating
- Two + years experience as host in high volume upscale hotel or free standing restaurant
- Experience in food and beverage a plus
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant terminology and food service techniques and sanitation standards
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Excellent management, leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V