Director of Design Management
Location: US - FL - Orlando
- Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Director of Design Management is to understand, organize and execute the conceptual design of a project through construction administration. Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, interior finishes and artwork as well as preparing design presentations, assuming lead in client and owner presentations and collaborating with team members to keep multiple projects on schedule and in budget. Responsible for coordination and quality control of design and construction documents.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conceptualize and manage interior design for new or renovated projects in Owner’s portfolio.
- Develop and monitor budget and implementation plan for design, construction and procurement.
- Direct, manage and monitor vendor and consultant progress through out design and construction process.
- Act as representative and guardian of the preliminary and concept during the design phase.
- Signs and reviews all interior design plans, FF&E specs, submittals and shop drawings prepared by vendor, consultants and in-house design team.
- Performs all phases of design by participating as member of in-house design/creative team to develop the design direction for each project and individual interior consultants.
- Review selection of vendors and review substitutions.
- Approves and monitors the vendors work product to keep it within budget estimated established for the project.
- Manage in house and third party resources and coordinate with inter-departments.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- Degree in Art, Interior Design, Architecture or related field - required
- ASID / NCIDQ certified
- 6-10 years of Interior Design experience in Hospitality industry - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
- Furniture Design experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and Photoshop
- Revit experience – preferred
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- FF&E Specification Writing
- Ability to hand sketch/draw and produce constructible documents for fabrication/construction
- Ability to manage a team (internal and external)
- Possess a high level of visual and verbal communication skills
- Possess the ability and passion to be mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership
- Experienced in the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets.
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented along with the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling a wide variety of activities and multiple priorities are essential