Director of Facilities & Maintenance - Presidential Towers
Location: US - IL - Chicago
Director of Facilities & Maintenance
The purpose of this position is to oversee the physical condition of Presidential Towers, plan and execute capital improvements, maintain the physical plant and manage all maintenance operations.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the property, including direct supervision of all maintenance staff.
- Plan and direct the activities of the maintenance staff. Partner with General Manager regarding all aspects of the employment cycle – recruitment, hiring, orientation, training and development, performance management and discipline in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure service requests are assigned to appropriate service technician and completed professionally and accurately within twenty-four (24) hours. Oversee scheduling of appropriate vendor if necessary. Sign off on service requests completed by staff. Escalate problems or issues to General Manager if unable to resolve within twenty-four (24) hours.
- Oversee community appearance and cleanliness in daily operations. Complete premises inspections daily. Coordinate with appropriate vendor(s) to ensure landscaping is properly maintained.
- Update and execute preventive maintenance schedule on a regular basis and advise General Manager of outstanding items. Document completed preventive maintenance items.
- Ensure apartments are ready for occupancy by overseeing and scheduling all facets of the make ready process in accordance with leasing needs and as outlined in the Waterton Residential Standards of Performance. This includes but is not limited to move-out/move-in inspections, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, carpet cleaning/replacement, painting, equipment maintenance, preventive maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain life safety equipment including but not limited to fire pumps, sprinklers, emergency generators, fire panels, smoke detectors, CO detectors, etc. Test equipment as required.
- Ensure there is a safe, clean and organized work environment (i.e. shop, pool maintenance room, storage areas). Use all reasonable safety measures and precautions and require staff to do the same.
- Maintain an adequate inventory supply level and manage the Bin Tag Inventory System. Maintain tools and equipment and ensure tools are in proper working order; evaluate the need for additional tools and/or replacement of tools/equipment as safety or ware determines necessary.
- Ensure twenty-four (24) hour maintenance coverage to respond to emergency situations at the community. Must be available to respond to on call emergency situations as needed. Participate in the on call rotation. Maintain a secure and accurate procedure for key control.
- Manage safety standards in accordance with Waterton Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and coordinate training of all maintenance staff.
- Document and maintain accurate and detailed maintenance records; including equipment replacement and repairs, apartment painting, refrigerator coil cleaning, and carbon monoxide checks.
- Track all appliance, carpet and vinyl replacements on the “appliance and flooring tracking log” as required.
- Identify capital improvements and report to General Manager.
- Assist General Manager in preparing the property’s budget for normal maintenance operations and recommend property upgrades and capital improvements. Monitor the budget and plan purchases and contracted services in accordance with approved budgetary guidelines.
- Develop scopes of work, bid and recommend contractor to General Manager for all regular maintenance and capital projects, up to and including the replacement of building mechanical equipment such as boilers, chillers, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee energy efficiency modifications as defined by energy consultant and approved by owner.
- Coordinate, as appropriate, vendor(s) projects and ensure vendor service work is completed on time, safely and accurately.
- Respond to commercial tenant issues and assist with construction supervision in commercial spaces.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- EPA-CFC certification required
- EPA-LBP certification required
- Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) preferred
- Certified Pool Operator certificate required
- Minimum of five (5) years of plumbing, electrical, mechanical, drywall repairs, carpentry, and pool/spa maintenance experience
- Minimum of five (5) years service and supervisory experience working at a 600 unit property or equivalent.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO