Director of Food and Beverage
Great Wolf Lodge of Williamsburg
Location: US - VA - Williamsburg
Feb 12, 2018
Great Wolf Lodge of Williamsburg
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub departments.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve a profitable result.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, orientating & training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department, which will provide well-trained employees at all levels. Permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development.
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets food and beverage financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Participates with the Executive Chef in the creation of attractive and merchandising menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation, minimizing waste and ensuring high quality of preparation. Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub departments.
- Assist all managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desire standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual restaurants and banquet service. Recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and health environment by establishing, following and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, utensil quality and placement, and monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, attending seminars and trade shows.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, i.e. exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
No experience required, training provided
Must be at least 16 years of age.
Ability and willingness to achieve Certification in First Aid, CPR and Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training.
Good oral communication skills.
Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands.
Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
Swim 50 yards in 4 ft. of water and retrieve a 10lbs brick at bottom of water.
Capable of working in a hot, humid and chlorinated environment.
Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs on daily basis.
Standing for long periods of time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Food & Beverage, Food & Beverage