Director of Human Resources / JC Golf at Twin Oaks Golf Course
Location: US - CA - San Marcos
JC Golf is dedicated to providing the region's finest variety of golf facilities and superior guest service to those who appreciate the tradition of the game of golf. Whether resort or daily fee focused, JC Golf has excellent golf courses conveniently located everywhere from Encinitas to Temecula and San Diego. And with a strong background in hospitality management, JC Golf has expertise in all areas of revenue generation, including food and beverage outlets, weddings and catering functions.
JC Golf- southern California's premier provider of upscale golf experiences, has an exciting opportunity for a customer focused, organized and efficient Director of Human Resources with strong communication and multi-tasking skills. Based at our Twin Oaks Golf Course in San Marcos, this role is responsible for overseeing the Human Resources staff and operations on behalf of assigned golf courses owned or managed by JC Golf and to ensure that departmental objectives are met.
- To ensure the timely and professional administration of routine tasks, including recruiting, hiring, orienting, and terminating golf staff; processing employee transactions; maintaining personnel records; tracking and ensuring performance reviews; managing claims for workers' compensation, unemployment, and disability; tracking and documenting Family Care and Medical Leave; enrollment, extension, and problem resolution; responding to requests for personnel related information; enforcing Human Resources policies and procedures.
- To hire, train, schedule, support, review, discipline and terminate Human Resources staff supporting the Golf operations and to ensure staff knowledge, expertise, and departmental productivity.
- To promptly inform the Vice President of Golf, or Designate, of on-site issues regarding employee relations, and to monitor company compliance with State and Federal employment-related laws.
- To conduct timely and thorough investigations regarding claims of discrimination and sexual harassment and to review the investigation and the recommended action with the Corporate Director of Compliance and the Regional Director of Human Resources.
- To oversee and provide direction to Human Resources staff, as applicable, and to mentor and develop the skill set and expertise of the Human Resources staff to ensure adequate coverage in the absence of the Director of Human Resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field, required.
- English fluency required. Ability to converse in work-related Spanish preferred.
- Must have minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in a senior Human Resources position, and be familiar with the basics of all related functions.
- Computer experience required. Proficiency in Word, Excel, HRIS, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Familiar with OSHA, SB198, local Department of Health regulations, and relevant current laws governing handling of hazardous substances.
- Valid California driver's license required. Proof of personal automobile insurance coverage required.
- Golf or hotel experience preferred.
To view the full job posting and to apply for the position, please go to https://jcresorts.applicantpro.com/jobs/758068.html
JC Golf/JC Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V