Director of Sales and Catering
Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport
Location: US - FL - Orlando
- Develop pricing and market strategies with the General Manager and Corporate VP of Sales, constant monitoring of competition and marketplace in general; must be prepared and able to react under fluctuating market conditions.
- Prepare and execute annual marketing plan, promotion and advertising plans covering sales, food and beverage events, hotel promotions, media relations as well as participating in multiple property campaigns.
- Design plans and materials for promotions and public relations.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories and other sources.
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business. Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions. Determine the guest’s needs, space availability, and meeting details.
- Make outside sales calls to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services. Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Generate “thank you” notes to clients after functions with prompt follow up of negative client feedback as necessary.
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
- Prepare periodic sales reports.
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed.
RequiredDetail Oriented Novice Customer Service Expert Contract Negotiation Expert Behaviors
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better.Experience
3 years: Director of Sales
Licenses & Certifications