TITLE: Director of Sales and Marketing
The Director of Sales amd MarketingI is responsible for effectively soliciting and selling the public space, food and beverage, and function planning services of the hotel to maximize revenues and profits for the hotel. He/she is also responsible for establishing new accounts, generating revenues, monitoring booking pace, and booking repeat business while keeping quality consistently high.
· Attend daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting.
· Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
· Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP's, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
· Meet or exceed set goals.
· Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
· Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
· Initiate and follow up on leads.
· Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
· Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
· Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
· Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
· Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
· Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e.WynClub parties, sales blitzes, etc.
· Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
· Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques.
· Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
· Use your property's computerized sales management system to manage the hotel's business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering
business, blocking space and building accounts.
· Meet and greet onsite contacts.
· Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
· Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
· Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
· Entertain clients.
· Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndh