Director of Sales - Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Worth
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The Director of Sales develops and implements the total sales and marketing efforts of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervising activities of sales personnel, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
* Directs the activities of the hotel sales team, providing leadership and motivation necessary to implement effective sales and marketing strategies and to maximize the generation of hotel sales/revenues.
* Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
* Develops and manages the departmental budget and monitors sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan; accurately reports variances/projections.
* Directs the scheduling of conventions and group activities at the hotel and coordinates with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
* Completes 25 or more solicitation calls per week.
* Develops hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall system-wide sales plans/strategies and programs.
* Develops and maintains good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attends out-of-town conventions to generate convention and group business.
* Assists General Manager in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company. Maintains an effective business plan.
* High School diploma or equivalent. Two years experience in sales and supervisory experience desirable. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
* High School or better
* COMMUNICATION SKILLS
* HOTEL EXPERIENCE
* FAST PACED
* Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
* Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
See job description