Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Maintain clubhouse equipment.
Job Tasks (Additional Responsibilities)
Maintains and makes general repairs to the plumbing fixtures, furniture, woodwork, electrical systems, appliances, elevators, ventilation systems and building structures of the club.
Conducts repairs to plumbing, such as leaking pipes and faucets and clogged drains.
Performs various duties involving painting, plumbing, carpentry and electrical work.
Maintains the air conditioning, refrigerators, ice makers and pool pumps.
Performs routine preventive maintenance (PM) required by club’s PM procedures.
Installs tile, drywall; makes grouting repairs, patches walls and paves brick.
Repairs small motors.
Attends departmental staff meetings.
Completes other appropriate assignments made by the maintenance and repair manager.
1. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
2. Ability to print and speak simple phrases and sentences
3. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
4. Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
5. Basic knowledge in building systems
6. Experience in minor carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, tile, small machines and appliances
Certifications and Licenses - None needed
1. Must have at least 3 years of practical maintenance and basic knowledge of mechanical problems
2. High School diploma or general equivalence diploma (G.E.D.)
1. Knowledge and use of proper sanitation procedures at all times
2. Exercises team work with other staff
3. Abides by The Columbia Club standards, policies and procedures and safety rules at all times
4. Reports to work on time well groomed and properly attired
5. Conducts self in a professional and respectful manner towards guests, fellow employees and management at all times
6. Team dynamics – Empowerment, collaboration, motivation and enthusiasm – effectively leads, coaches, trains and motivates people to follow established engineering standards
7. Some knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, construction, electrical, computers, phone systems, building controls, preventative maintenance, safety and state regulations
1. Fast Pace – sense of urgency needed
2. Can be stressful
3. Extreme heat at times
Overtime or other aspects of the job
1. Must be available and willing to work a flexible schedule
2. Must be available to work some weekends and holidays
3. Overtime is required on an as needed basis
Reports to Director of Engineering
The Columbia Club
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: No
Fax: (317) 261-1375
Address: 121 Monument Circle , Indianapolis, IN, 46204, US