A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Manages Engineering personnel to ensure quality standards are met and department goals are achieved. Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Plans, assigns and directs work. Recommends performance ratings. Recommends merit increases, promotions and reclassification. Determines work quality expectations and sets deadlines. Works within budget to manage payroll and expenses in accordance with the budget. Promotes PHG Culture.
- Supervises subordinate Engineering personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training team members. Recommends applicants for selection. Plans, assigns and directs work. Recommends performance ratings. Recommends merit increases, promotions and reclassification. Determines work quality expectations and sets deadlines.
- Monitors day-to-day Engineering operations to ensure facilities exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards. Takes or recommends corrective action as needed. Reports activity on a weekly basis.
- Works to achieve budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas. Makes decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability.
- Manages Capital projects in cooperation with the corporate office and executive leadership team.
- Maintain safe environment throughout hotel for all team members and guests. Ensures all emergency equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per standards. Provides team members with information about safe use of systems and structures.
- Takes action to control expenses and maximize profitability within assigned areas. Utilizes corporate approved computer programs to analyze reports.Makes recommendations, decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability. Ensures quality while minimizing waste or loss of supplies to maintain profitability.
- Inventories supplies and equipment and orders new supplies as needed using Birchstreet system for all purchases. May drive hotel vehicle to pick up needed parts or supplies. Ensures equipment is properly secured and maintained and notifies leadership of any repair or safety issues.
- 8. Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Responds to reports of potential safety issues and proactively takes immediate action to resolve when noted. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Recommends merit decisions within budget or established guidelines. Recommends promotions or re-classifications within company policy.
- Professionally responds to guest requests promptly to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality. Notifies Management and/or Security of all unusual events,
- Responds to emergency crisis and provides operational support to provide excellent customer service.
- 4. Notifies management of major system/building problems or failures and unanticipated maintenance needs.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
- Five years related progressively responsible hotel or building maintenance/facilities management experience with one year of lead experience in a similar setting.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds expectations and provides a high level of quality maintenance and repairs.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Requires valid Drivers' license in good standing.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires basic computer skills and ability to use computer systems used at the property.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.
- Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation
. Bilingual ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
Pacific Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.