Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive is positioned as the epicenter of excitement and one of the most unique meeting venues in Orlando with the addition of surrounding I-Shops, a hosts of new dining and shopping options, as well as I-Drive Live, including the Orlando Eye (inspired by London Eye Ferris wheel), Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and SEA LIFE Aquarium, one block away.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the engineering division. In the absence of the Director, the manager will assume the administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they relate to engineering.
· Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in a safe and acceptable state of repair.
· Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
· Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention.
· Create and post all Engineering staffs schedules.
· Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
· Assist in developing financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
· Create and implement preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
· Ensure all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per Wyndham standards.
· Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
· Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
· Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
· Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
· Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take
immediate action as necessary.
· Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
· Support and participate in all Wyndham programs.
· Lead and/or participate in Wyndham Safety Committee.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.