A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you a self-determined leader with a passion for quality service and attention to detail? Are you a team-oriented individual who enjoys a fast-paced environment?
If yes, Vista Collina Resort, Napa's newest luxury destination, has the ideal high-profile position for an enthusiastic person like you!
Nestled amongst the rolling hills of Napa, Vista Collina Resort ushers in a new way to discover Wine Country. With thoughtful, Tuscan-style décor, a tasting village, a locally-sourced, artisanal market, and a spacious community lawn for picnic, play and private concerts, Vista Collina isn't simply a resort in Napa. It is Napa at its finest.
Manages all Housekeeping operations to ensure cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and meeting/conference/banquet facilities meet Company standards to provide outstanding guest service, and financial profitability. Builds and manages teams effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall departmental success. Manages subordinate supervisors/lead personnel who supervise team members in the assigned Housekeeping areas. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to achieve results.
- Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members and selecting those that best meet staffing needs. Participates in management training. Follows all Human Resources policies. Ensures staff receives any required training or attends mandatory meetings.
- Monitors and develops team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
- Monitors and assesses service and satisfaction trends, evaluates and addresses issues and makes improvements accordingly.
- Works closely with Engineering to ensure proper maintenance of rooms and public space areas.
- Ensures team members have current knowledge of proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by providing training and ensuring proper labeling and handling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations. Monitors usage of supplies.
- Resolves customer complaints and anticipates potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and team member performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality. Notifies Management and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Must wear slip-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Participates in the coordination of rehabilitation and capital improvement projects.
- Makes merit decisions within budget or established guidelines. Determines promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
- Approves leave and time away from work within company policy.
- Responds to emergency calls and ensures operational support needs are met.
- Ensures Housekeeping systems and equipment are monitored and maintained to function at optimum performance.
- Runs and analyzes various reports to monitor customer satisfaction, occupancy, expenses, etc.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
- Attends required meetings.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management desired.
- Five or more years related Housekeeping/Hospitality experience and one year as Supervisor/Assistant Manager in similar setting.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Requires good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn and operate other hotel computer systems.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members and guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Must complete training on proper disposal/handling of sharps, such as needles, and follow proper procedures. Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and profess ional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate telephone/office equipment. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.